What to expect from the "Putting Out the Fire" Seminar:
Organization-saving advice that will keep a bad situation from getting worse.
Somewhere, somehow, sometime... there will be a tragic turn in your
organization. It might be directly related to the work you do -- it
might be on the fringes. But HOW and WHEN you deal with the media
onslaught will determine the long-term posture of your organiztion.
What you do in the first few minutes after a "disaster" may not change
any minds that day, or even the next week... but it can improve your
long-term posture and community standing.
- Who are "The Media", and what do they do?
- The different types of news media, and their different needs.
- Guidelines on how to deal with reporters and photographers, so you don't make
a bad situation worse.
- How to take control of an interview, and avoid intimidation.
- How to draft and communicate a "key message."
- How to appear more confident (and credible) on camera.
** This seminar makes for a great introduction to the material presented in the
"Modern Media Seminar."
What to expect from the Modern Media Seminar:
The truth. Unfiltered.
If your only exposure to how "the media" works is through television
and movies, then you need to hear this seminar. The old romantic
notions about the news industry have all but faded away. You need to
know how modern newsroom employees go about their jobs, and their daily
routines. This seminar is filled with the advanced inside information
that can put you ahead in the race for a Positive Position. A working
knowledge of how news gets made can make you or break you.
What to expect from Personal Interview Coaching:
- The many kinds of people that make up a newsroom. What they do, and how they
- How real decisions get made, and why some stories will never make air.
- Which "ears" in the newsroom you need to bend to get you message a fair hearing.
- How to time your approaches when you want coverage.
- The real timing of a newscycle, so your response doesn't miss a deadline.
- How to ensure that your message gets across, and your Positive Position stays
A new you. An image you want, that furthers your goals.
is always tough, and even more so when you see yourself the way the
lens does. If you feel like there is a disconnect between what
you are trying to say, and the perception you leave your audience, then
individual coaching may be for you. These intense sessions help
you break the bad physical and mental habits that get in the way of
your message. Telling the truth is no advantage when performance
shortfalls harm your credibility,
- The importance of non-verbal communication, and how your body betrays your confidence.
- Which stances and postures allow you to retain authority, comfort, and control.
- How to reach a state of mind where you can both be genuine and look genuine.
- How eye contact makes the difference between saying something and delivering
- The tactics the interviewers don't want you to know.
- How to make sure your best answers get the most attention.